Thursdays @ Mid Town Live for Social Dance, an Evening of Fun and More!
Open Dance Floor (8pm-Until)
Step~N~Motion was informally established in 2006 with the primary purpose of introducing partner swing and line dancing to the public as a community service. The organization was incorporated as a non-profit in May 6, 2009 after participation and involvement reached a benchmark of 1000+ people. While many programs are geared toward youth groups and programs, this organization focuses on adult and youth populations.
In the process of learning this style of dance participants enjoy the social attributes, but also recognize the direct health benefits both physically and mentally. They have discovered that swing and line dancing is a source of unassuming physical exercise and mental relaxation. The method of instruction and variety of activities has rewarded them with renewed energy, greater sense of self confidence and many with noticeable weight loss. The physical activity and interaction has benefited participants who suffer from serious health issues such as cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney disease, heart conditions, and depression.
Fufilling our mission to promote social welfare, physical and mental health, and networking through dance, community activities, and public projects, Step N Motion hopes to increase awareness about the benefits of Dancing, encourage individuals to make important lifestyle changes and help raise valuable dollars for research and education.
We proudly support the following organizations:
American Diabetes Association
- The American Diabetes Association is leading the fight against the deadly consequences of diabetes and fighting for those affected by diabetes. Learn more ...
American Cancer Society
- Dedicated to helping persons who face cancer. Supports research, patient services, early detection, treatment and education. Learn more ...
National Kidney Foundation
- Provides patient services, education, research to prevent kidney disease and promotes organ donation. Learn more ...
American Lung Association
- The American Lung Association is the leading organization working to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through Education, Advocacy and Research. Learn more ...
American Heart Association
- The mission of the American Heart Association is to build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. Learn more ...